Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WOW!

Wow is right! That worship time was just incredible! When they announced before services about the girl who just graduated from high school with cancer who is doing hospice, my heart just sank. It made me think how lucky I am right now. I mean what if this had happened to me at that age? What would I have missed?

  • Going to college
  • Working weird part time jobs
  • Vacations with just my husband
  • Hiking to the top of Mt. Washburn
  • Voting
  • Getting married
  • Having sex (yeah, I said it)
  • Having my beautiful babies (see above bulletin)
  • Holding and rocking those babies
  • Watching them grow and change
  • Arkansas last summer
  • All the times spent giggling with my mom and sisters
  • Spending time with my Dad
  • Trips with my in-laws
  • and so much more
Sometimes it is so hard to not think why me, woe is me or what if, but for right now I can be thankful because honestly, I have ALOT to be thankful for.

Please pray for this young girl and her family. Pray for miraculous healing and peace for her and her family.

1 comment:

AChae630 said...

I love those moments that make you think... WOW... life IS good, even when it's bad. God is so good and I'm so grateful every time he shows me that. I love you so much! You're such an inspiration to me every day and I know I don't tell you that enough. You're always on my mind and in my prayers and I miss you so much right now it hurts. Give the kids and Eddie hugs and kisses for me... and give yourself a big hug and kiss for me as well... good luck with that. LOL