Monday, May 30, 2011

Tonight's Forecast: Achey with a 95% chance of freezing

I dread Monday night injections the most. I've had 3 days of no Intron in my body and I can just start to feel a glimpse of my former self. But alas, here is Monday. At around 8, I will grudgingly go get my kit o doom, sit at the kitchen table and prepare my treatment. I'll try and post a video of the whole process soon, so I won't go into the details just yet.

Sometime between 2 and 4 I'll slowly start to awaken to a body full of aches and pains. Even though I know it is coming and I've done this several times over, it always surprises me for a few seconds. I will undoubtedly try to ignore what is happening and lay as still as I can. It never works. Then I will realize that I have to pee and that I am going to have to get up to do this. I also know that I'm going to have to get to the kitchen and take a tylenol/advil or I will never get any sleep.

Every time it is the same ridiculous dialouge with myself. It goes something like "Oh, it's not that bad." "I really don't want to get up." "Uh, but I really HAVE to pee." "Just get up and get this over with already." "Fine, on the count of three this is happening."

Here's the problem: I will be freezing cold and I know that as soon as I step foot out of my bed, the shakes will start. Oh the shakes. Eddie says sleeping with me is like putting a quarter into one of those massage beds I've only ever seen on tv. It is also extremely difficult to pee with extreme shivers.

So, I'll hurry as fast as I can and assess if it will be a 2-3 blanket night. I will hop back into bed fighting the shakes and hopefully in about 30 minutes my pain reliever will kick in and I can drift off to sleep.

I'll wake up tomorrow morning to skin that is crawling. I call it "flu skin." You know when you are sick and your skin just hurts. My legs will ache, my mouth will be bone dry and my eyes will be glued shut. Intron is very drying.

I will do all of this with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. Not really. I'll most likely be a complete...errr...ahem...let's say grouch tomorrow.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds lovely. So you're saying a Tuesday morning coffee date would not be the most welcome idea?

I'm praying for you daily. I know having a continual struggle with something that no one can see or understand is depressing and difficult. I can't understand completely but know that I care and I pray.

David W said...

I'll be thinking about you because, I'll probably be up peeing somewhere between 2am-4am also. :) You're the strongest lady I know. Love you.
-Mindy

Becca D. said...

Summer-I know it almost makes you not want to be my friend, but I don't like coffee. Please overlook that:) Thanks for the prayers. you are AMAZING!

Mindy-I know you will be. Baby pressing on bladder=nighttime trips to the bathroom. Love you too!

Becca D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.