Monday, October 31, 2011

One year ago...

One year ago today I was a nervous wreck. I knew that my cancer had spread to at least one lymph node. I knew they were going to cut open my pit. I knew I would have a jp drain (completely disgusting by the by). I knew I was staring down the barrel of a year long cancer treatment that my doctor described as "horrible, just horrible." I had researched and researched and researched until my eyeballs burned and then I researched some more. I was a complete mess.

But, here I am. I made it thru all those things that seemed so scary and impossible to fathom. I found amazing new friends, my kids are not irreversibly damaged, my marriage (though put thru the wringer) is still intact and stronger than ever and I feel great for the first time in a year.

Now I'm here facing scan week. If my scans are clear, it's gonna be a party. One whole year NED (no evidence of disease)! If not, well, I try so hard not to let my mind go there, but I know, just like my other molemates know, exactly what that means. More treatment, more surgery, more sucksville, and horror of horrors, maybe just no more...

Please pray for a clear scan week. I have two other dear friends having scans this week too, so we're praying for a hat trick:)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

prayers, love, and tons of good juju...it's going to be a good week. We HAVE to believe that. XO

Kayla said...

I have an alarm that will go off every evening at 9 to remind me to be praying over you. Love you girl!!

JJ said...

we are praying for all of you. keep us posted and we are so coming to that party, just FYI

tdeboard said...

It was so good to run into you the other day at Walmart. You look so great. We are definitely praying for you this week and waiting for good news!